Katherine Kawecki, CEO and Cofounder
I graduated with a Bachelor of Industrial Design from the University of New South Wales. Respia started off as my university honours year project. I dedicated all of 2015 to researching and answering the under explored challenge of creating solutions to problems asthmatics commonly face when trying to manage their asthma and prevent an attack. As an asthmatic myself, I wanted to create a better asthma management experience where you can easily engage and better understand your lung condition. I want Respia to empower people.
- Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours)
- Winner of Red Dot Design Concept 2016 Bayfront, Singapore
- James Dyson Award Global Runner Up 2016
- Judge at 2017 Australia James Dyson Award
- Respia Finalist in Tech Crunch Disrupt Battlefield 2017
Christian Reeks, CTO and Cofounder
I graduated with a Bachelor of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Nanotechnology. During my engineering degree, I worked on an upper limb robotic exoskeleton to aid patients undergoing rehabilitation. I recently submitted my Research Masters Thesis in Robotic Engineering at the University of Technology Sydney Centre for Autonomous Systems (UTS:CAS). My focus has been on leveraging contact and vision-based sensors to ensure human safety when physically in contact with robots. I have a publication history in the development and implementation of novel sensor technology.
- Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical and Mechatronic (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science Nanotechnology
- Master of Engineering (Research)
- Presented at IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2016 Stockholm, Sweden
- Reeks, C. et al. (2016). “Angled sensor configuration capable of measuring tri-axial forces for pHRI”. in: Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. Vol. 2016-June. ISBN: 9781467380263. DOI: 10.1109/ICRA.2016.7487475.